Friday, August 7, 2009

An American Crime


A couple months ago while at my parent's house I sat down with my mom to watch a movie called An American Crime Starring Catherine Keener and Ellen Page (Juno). Unfortunately I was unable to finish the movie and it slipped into the back of my mind until flipping through my movie channels last night I saw the title and decided to sit down with my boyfriend and watch it. I immediately was hooked again as i watched the sad but true story of Sylvia Likens. It takes place in the 1960's Sylvia's parents work at a carnival and leave her andf her sister Jenny in the care of a Gertie Baniszewski shortly after sylvia arrives she is tortured by gertie her kids and neighborhood kids who like to beat her, burn her, mutilate her and torture herall for entertainment. Sylvia eventually succumbs to her injuries and dies and little justice is done to those who hurt her including Gertie's children. This is the saddest movie I have ever seen. Ellen Page gives an amazing performance and it breaks your heart to imagine the pain this poor young girl must have felt. This is a movie everyone should definitely see. It shows you just how evil some people can be and I highly recommend this movie.
HERE is this link to the IMBD movie database
and HERE is the link to the Real True Story Of Sylvia Likens and the horrible pain she endured.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Everyone Feel Free To Comment and i will be sure to get you when i can:)

peace and love.